Early Childhood Education and Care Assistant – Diploma
Park Orchards Community House & Learning Centre Incorporated is looking for a diploma qualified Early Childhood Educator
Classification: NHACE Agreement 2016
Hours: Permanent Part Time 25-27.5 hours per week.
Park Orchards Community House & Learning Centre (POCH&LCI) is a not for profit neighbourhood house that provides the local community with opportunities for lifelong learning and connection. Our Mission is to provide quality community engagement through social, recreational and learning activities. We do this by placing a community development lens over all activities courses and classes we offer. We offer occasional care for children between the ages 0-6 and are looking for a permanent part time diploma qualified educator to work with us Monday to Friday from 8:45 to 2pm.
At POCH&LCI we create high quality environments that inspire children to play and learn. We provide a safe, nurturing, supportive and inclusive place for children. We recognise and value play in regard to learning and development. We believe that outdoor nature play is fundamental for children’s wellbeing.
About the role
We are seeking a diploma qualified educator for our multi aged occasional care centre.
To be considered for this position, applicants will need to be available to work a 5 days per week.
Qualifications and experience
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (or earlier equivalent)
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- Current Health Clearance
- Current First Aid Certificate (HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In addition to relevant qualifications, applicants must:
- Have a thorough understanding of working within the NQF as well as behaviour support and guidance
- Have a genuine passion for working in early childhood education and care.
- Have the ability to develop planning programs and documenting children's learning.
- Be an active contributor within a team.
- Bring positive energy and enthusiasm to their role.
- Have the ability to understand and adhere to centre policies, procedures and operational practices at all times.
- Value, prioritise and advocate for play in children’s learning and development.
- Create and maintain long-lasting connections with children, families, educators and the local community.
Seek Ad - https://www.seek.com.au/job/53194986?type=standard#searchRequestToken=609497ce-b15c-4933-ab87-750296b5aafb
Community Program Co-ordinator
This position sources and implements community and Learn Local programs for POCH&LCI. This includes classes in health, wellbeing and lifestyle activities and for pre-accredited (ACFE) training.
25- 27.5 hours per week, over five days
Click here for the position description
Applications close 28th of July, 2021
Tutor for all abilities class/es
Digital Literacy Fridays 9.15am-12pm (face to face session time 2.5 hours)
Creative Art Fridays 12.30pm- 3pm (face to face session time 2 hours)
This position is responsible for facilitating and teaching both a digital literacy/creative writing and a creative arts program that caters to the needs of all participants, who are adults primarily with an acquired brain injury, in a safe and friendly environment. The role requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to assist students with varied needs.
Applicants may have the skills to facilitate both sessions, or we would also consider a different tutor for either session.
Job Description Digital Literacy
Job Description Creative Arts
Minimum 2 years’ experience in the disability and carers sector. Certificate IV TAE and/or Qualification in relevant industry.
Valid Working with Children Check and Police Check
Do you have a talent you wish to share? Contact us and pitch your course or workshop idea.
Please contact email@example.com