10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
12 October 2023
30 November 2023
572 Park Rd Park Orchards
Begin your journey into the mental health industry. Gain essential skills needed to build meaningful connections, understand individuals’ needs, and foster collaborative relationships with those living with mental health challenges.
This course will introduce learners to the following:
• Building skills in effective communication techniques, including active listening skills, role modelling behaviours, negotiation and conflict management techniques and coaching skills.
• The key issues facing people with mental illness including prejudice and discrimination.
• The critical needs for self-care and wellbeing, resilience and understanding triggers.
• Understanding harm minimisation.
• The importance of support networks including natural supports, peer support, family, friends, carers and formal services.
• The importance of encouraging clients in setting realistic goals and solution-based practices, and more.
This course is a part of the pathway to accredited courses:
CHC43315 - Certificate IV in Mental Health
Learn Local (ACFE) funded places are for those wishing to try for a new career, return to study, volunteer or to upskill regardless of prior training, employment status or income.
For more information call 9876 4381, or fill in the form below to register your interest in this course.